Well, here we
go! I decided to jump
on the blog train. I have never written a blog, but decided to do so after some urging from friends and family members. It seems like a great tool to stay connected, especially so we can keep our family and friends updated on our baby boy and all that we are doing as a family.
Someone recently told me that people get boring after having a baby. I disagree. I think people come alive after having a baby. Now th
at we have a baby, our lives are truly rich! Chris and I both, at different times, after leaving the hospital with our new bundle of joy, remarked to each other that the whole world looked
completely different, in a good way. I will never forget leaving the hospital and looking around and thinking to myself, "where am I?" Northport, Alabama looked like a place I had never been, a happy place, full of light and adventure. McFarland Boulevard, a busy road I have traveled hundreds of times in my 25 years looked like a new road, almost like I was in a dream where I had never felt happier, more alive and more satisfied. I checked into the hospital on July 13, 2010 regular old me but on July 18 I left a new person, a mommy! Because the "mommy spot" in my heart that had always been there, was now filled. It was filled with a new hope, a new joy --of my little family of 3. That experience also gave me a new appreciation and more love for my mother-in-law, who felt this exact same thing 27 years ago when her son, Chris, was born. And he is now my sweet husband. I know exactly how she must have felt and still feels about her very own baby boy. When I laid my eyes on Sam, I had a new perspective of how God sees us and how He feels about us. Completely smitten. Overly obsessed. Just the way I feel about my boy, nothing he could ever do or say could make me love him any more, or any less. I just simply love him, with all my heart. That's how God feels about us. And that--my friends--is true love :)
Sam's 3 Month Milestones:
-Cooing and laughing, especially when daddy tickles him
-Rolling over, everywhere! He likes to push up and look around.
-Going to daycare and loving his teachers, Mrs. Lacy and Mrs. Alyson
-Loves Wednesdays with his "Hoppy" for "Hoppy Hour(s)" going to Mr. Bill's, running errands, visiting family and riding around in his wagon.
-Having some mild allergies, we are changing formula
-Size 3 diaper
-25 inches long, 18.5 lbs.
Happy Fall Y'all! Blessings to you and your loved ones. Love, Alex & Chris
But I Trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. Psalms 13:5
No comments:
Post a Comment