




Hi friends!
It is pretty but chilly outside, and there is no snow or ice remaining but due to school closings, Sam and I have a snow day! Since I am caught up on my work, I wanted to update the blog. Since writing last, we have had many fun times throughout the holidays. Life is moving SO fast, can someone slow it down? Sam will 6 months old next weekend!!
My parents went to Italy over Thanksgiving break, so Chris and Sam and I went to Sylacauga to visit. We had a great time. Over Christmas we were fortunate to be able to go to Sylacauga for 2 nights, then come back to Tuscaloosa on Christmas Eve. Sam had a great time and although he didn't exactly know what was going on at Christmas, he knew it was something special. For the first time, our church had a Christmas Eve service and although Sam and I couldn't go, I'm glad Chris was able to.
Over Christmas, Sam came down with bronchiolitis. No that isn't a misspelling of bronchitis. Babies have tiny bronchioles that make up their airway which can become enflamed, due to a viral infection. This is pretty much the same thing as bronchitis in adults, but infants are more vulnerable, especially since their entire respiratory system is still developing. So the day after Christmas I took him to Children's hospital ER with mom and Chris in tow. They kept him overnight and we were very relieved to know he could breathe okay. We got to go home the next day. For those of you who have never been, that hospital is a true blessing to our state and they love kids. It is an amazing place :)
Some other interesting/crazy happenings at the McCune home:
-I learned how to make homeade baby food with a machine mom gave me called a Beaba. Sam is getting used to "real" veggies pureed for babies. Sidenote: when the veggies are cooking I like to stand over the steam for a cheap, quick,"facial". Fancy, no. Efficient, yes. Mom was laughing at me this weekend as I was killing two birds with one stone. haha.
-Chris has been deer hunting every chance he gets. He doesn't want to just kill anything, so he is patiently waiting on the "the big one." He has some awesome friends that take him hunting on land they have access to. For this and many more reasons, we LOVE our Ttown friends. They enrich our lives so much.
-Mom, Sam, mom's friend Sara and me went to Nashville to visit Drew and his adorable girlfriend, Sydni, the weekend before the big ice storm. We went to the Ryman to see the Opry, and got to stay at the Hermitage Hotel--which is AH-MAZING. (thanks for the connection Sydni!!) You should add it to your bucket list.
-Chris and I fell prey to a really sweet girl and an amzing saleswoman from whom I purchased $650.00 worth of kitchen knives. WHAAAT. I know. Silly. Especially with a baby, daycare, still not having sold our bham home, Chris's truck in the shop etc. So, we sent them back. Decided our money should go towards a King Size bed. Never had one, very excited about it!
-Chris and I are both staying busy with work, thankful to both have jobs we love.
-Still trying to sell our townhome in bham, it's a great deal. Pray we can sell it this year! http://www.riverpointelane.com/ if you know of someone looking :)
Sam 5 month updates:
Weighs 20 lbs
28.5 inches long
Discovered his feet, thinks they are the best
Loves to roll over still
Got an exersaucer/jumper that he loves to play in
Size 3 diaper
9 mo. size clothes
Loves baby food! all fruits and veggies and LOTS of them.
Sam 6 month updates:
Obsessed with his hands, like to watch his fingers moving
Likes to roll all the way across a room
Likes it when you pull him up to "stand" (we sing stand up, stand up, for Jesus, you soldiers of the cross :)
Loves grabbing toys off the floor
Loves loves grabbing his feet and toes
Loves trying to get under furniture
21.5 lbs, 29.5 inches long
Size 3 diaper
12 mo. size clothes
Loves laughing out loud!!
Likes to hold his own bottle
** I would love to post Christmas pictures BUT somehow my computer deleted all the ones I had taken in the past 2 months, so I'm waiting to see if they can be recovered. ** Will post if they are recovered. Pray they can find them!
I pray you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year. Congrats to all my Auburn friends on the big win. The state of Alabama is blessed with talented athletes!
Let's all be steadfast in praying for God's abundant blessings on 2011 in our hearts, our families, and our churches.
All my love,
Alex
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12
Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
Love the update Alex! So glad you, Sam and Chris had a great Christmas! Praying 2011 is your best year yet!
ReplyDeletelove,
Susanna